Sunday, January 9, 2011

Skiing!


Last Saturday morning we kicked off the day wit ski lessons! Tanner and I took ski lessons up at Bogus and had a blast! We left Carter with Uncle Chris and Aunt Cammie and Hadley stayed with my mom and Tyler,Tanner and I headed up to ski! I have to admit I was nervous as all get out! I don't like heights so just the thought of getting on the chair lifts and being lifted up to the top of a steep hill didn't really sound appealing. But, I watched Tanner do it last year as a 3 year old so I figured I could get some courage and do it too! I have to say that the first time I rode up on the chair lift it stopped as I was half way up the mountain on what I perceived to be the highest part of the lift and scared the living day lights out of me! I had to act all cool and brave though because I was riding up with another girl in my lesson class who wasn't afraid at all! She didn't even hold on, while I had the death grip on the bar! I suppose this was better than if I was riding up with Tyler because then I might have really allowed myself to be scared and possibly shed a few tears! Then, the lift started up again and I was even able to get off the chair without biffing it into the snow ! Hooray! Skiing down that hill was so invigorating and quite possibly one of the most fun experiences I have had in a long time! I am so happy I did this, skiing is so much fun! I am very excited to have found a winter hobby we can all do as a family!


Tanner and Mommy! Ski lessons here we come! Our lessons classes ended up being kind of together so I got to ski with the big guy a few times! He is really great and a lot faster than me! As I was skiing down the hill for the last time, Tyler was standing at the bottom watching for us. I started waving and almost lost my balance, but I didn't fall! Thank goodness!

Tanner and Mommy after ski lessons! It was a beautiful day up at Bogus! We can't wait to go back next weekend!





















2 comments:

Shannan said...

awesome! i want to go too!!!

Nicole said...

This is so inspiring! I want to learn too!!