Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First Day of Kindergarten

 Today was the first day of Kindergarten for Tanner.  It was very exciting.  He came downstairs at 5:15 this morning because he didn't want to be late.  Seeing as Tyler had already left for work and I hadn't showered yet, he panicked a bit.  I promised we would not be late at all-it was still pitch black outside so we had plenty of time!
 We were both dressed and ready by 6:45 so we went out to take some pictures before the other kids got up!  
Hooray for Kindergarten!
 Tanner you are so cool buddy!
 He wanted to test out his new school shoes and see just how fast they can run.  Luckily we have a really fun speedometer trailer next to our house so we could see that he could get up to 13 miles per hour!  That's moving right along!
 More pictures!
 Big Kindergartner!
 We met up with his teacher, Mrs. Buxton, in the hall outside his classroom and got a picture with her.  She is adorable, look at that apron! This looks like a great kindergarten teacher to me!
 Out on the playground we met up with our neighbor friends and played while we waited for the bell to ring.  This is Brett!
 Here is Tanner with Brett and Cole, representing the SC at Prospect!
 
When I picked Tanner up from school, this little tag on his backpack finally made me cry.  I'm not quite sure why, but I know it makes me feel incredibly lucky to be able to pick him up from school every day. 

He was full of stories and excitement.  Our car was instantly a reunion party with Hadley and Carter and even baby Chandler.  He missed them all so much he said, there was big hugs all around and his mouth did not stop talking, even now as we have been home for over 2 hours, he hasn't stopped talking about Kindergarten.  It's going to be a GREAT year!

1 comment:

Cammie :) said...

Such a big boy!! Last week whenever I would need to help a Kindergartener who was lost in the hallway, I thought of Tanner and my eyes would well up :) He is going to have such a great time and learn soooo much!