Saturday, May 2, 2009

Creamy Saturday!


I don't know what it was about today, maybe the rain, or maybe just that I really wanted things that had cream in them! I made Gulliver's Creamed Corn and a home made Cheesecake! These are two of my favorites! Enjoy!
Gulliver's Creamed Corn
2 packages (20 oz) Frozen Corn
8 oz whipping cream
8 oz milk
1 tsp salt
6 tsp sugar
pinch of pepper
2 tblsp melted butter
2 tblsp flour


Combine all the ingredients except the last two in a pan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes. Blend melted butter with flour, add to the corn, mix well and remove from heat.
Sour Cream Cheesecake
1 9inch prepared pie crust
(I could have made my own, but just wasn't in the mood!)
2 8 oz packages of cream cheese
(I have used fat free and it cook just fine!)
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
(don't do fat free on the sour cream-it won't cook as well!)

Cream together the cream cheese and the sugar.


Creaming!


Add eggs one at a time, blending well.





Add vanilla.




Add sour cream.


Pour into pie crust. Now I am wishing I would have just mashed up some graham crackers, butter and sugar for a homemade crust....next time!



Have you ever cooked using a water bath? This is the way to go with cheesecakes! It helps them bake evenly. I take my roasting pan and fill it with water.



Place the unbaked cheesecake in the middle of the pan so that the water comes about to the lip of the pie plate.
Bake at 325 degrees for an hour and 10 minutes.


Yum!











No comments: