Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Po' Man's Steak!

Have you ever wanted steak but didn't have any? That's what happened to me tonight. So, my choices at this point were to go get some or not have any. Neither choice sounded good so I decided to try to make steak. I keep hamburger in the freezer and figured it comes from the same place so it should work! I pulled out some hamburger and mixed it in a bowl with some liquid smoke and steak seasoning.
I then just made it into patties because that is the easiest way to bbq it. That leads me to my most favorite toy........
The patty maker! I found this at Albertson's for $1.99. It makes the best patties! Sometimes I think I get my best toys at the grocery store!


Now, to make the "steaks" even better, I made a Blue Cheese sauce to go on top!

3/4 cup of heavy cream. 1 med clove of garlic thinly sliced. 6 ox blue cheese crumbled. Fresh ground pepper. Place cream and garlic in a sauce pan and bring to a boil over med-high heat; then lower and simmer until the cream coats the back of a spoon (5-10 min) remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cheese, ground pepper to taste. Yummy!




There you have it! The Po' Man Steak! Served with salad and mashed potatoes!




No comments: