Monday, July 18, 2011

The art of asking questions

It is very interesting how the human mind works. I have the need to justify everything, to explain and understand everything, in order to feel safe. I have millions of questions that need answers because there are so many things that my reasoning mind cannot explain. It is not important if the answer is correct; just that the answer itself makes me feel safe. This is why I make assumptions. I make all sorts of assumptions because I don’t have the courage to ask questions. Get ready because that is all about to change!

I've noticed that my kids, the 2 that can talk, ask the best questions! I can and do learn so much from them. Carter had a slew of questions for Dr. Baker last week and he sat down with him and answered every last one, including where he parked his car. I'm not sure why this was important, but it was, and it got answered.

It feels good when people ask me questions. I want to be better about asking people questions too. I don't want to pry into business where I am not welcome, but I want to make people feel like I care about them, when I really really do care about them! So, the next time I ask you a hundred questions, it's all out of love!

No comments: