Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Hello 2012!








So it's 2012 and I'm already behind on my blog updates!  What a way to kick off the New Year!

It seemed like I puttered around after Christmas and New Years just snuck up on me.  I'm not sure how, because it's always on the same date each year! But alas, it did.  We had options for the weekend-cabin, parties, etc but we chose to stay home and lay low.  Or so we thought! Our good friends, the Wrights were in the same boat so they chose to come over and lay low with us.   It's nice that we live so close!

Last minute, the kids and I drove around to buy fireworks and drinks! A great combination if I do say so myself! The evening started off with pizza, chips, dips and drinks.  The kids played and watched movies and us adults had cocktails and reminisced. We made plans (not resolutions) for the upcoming year.  Some reasonable, like diet and exercise and money (all the old favorites that are tossed aside by February!) And some wild and crazy ones like cabins in Donnely and vacations without our kids!

Addy, Carter, Tanner & Chloe ready to go out and do fireworks! I put Hadley to bed before we went out to do fireworks-one of the perks of staying home!

 Luckily, our house runs on Island time so at 8:45 we were ready for fireworks because at 9:00 Idaho time-it was midnight on some Island!

 Hooray for Fireworks!

 Happy 2012!

 Be careful daddy, your drink is flammable! 

 What we thought would be a quiet early New Years Eve, turned into a wild fun and late one.  It was WONDERFUL too! Our neighborhood was lit up with fireworks all over the place, and we even got to experience some streakers running by our house! Welcome 2012! We know it's going to be a great year!
 Addy crashed after all the partying!
 I had bought this Spiced Cider when I stumbled upon it in the store.  My mom used to buy this all the time for Cammie and I growing up and it was always a huge hit! I remember drinking so much of it I felt like I was floating away in spiced cider.  And just like old times, the kids drank down 4 boxes of this stuff New Years Eve! It's that good!


Carter and Hadley New Years morning.  It was the first New Years morning in a long time that I can remember, when the Rose Parade was not on January 1.  I was a little bummed to not be able to sit in my jammies and watch it with everyone.  I still sat in my jammies for a loooooong time that day though!

1 comment:

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

Looks like it was a wonderful time! Happy New Year!