Thursday, August 18, 2011

To paint or not to paint...

I want to put some paint up on a few of the walls in this house.  I think.  I'm pretty sure I want to do this.  Having some accent colors around the house will make it look a little more homey to me.  I hope.  Anyway, here is what I am thinking...



I took the fabric from the curtains that hang in the kitchen, family room and entry way to Lowe's and picked out color swatches of what looked nice next to the fabric.  Here's what I came home with.  Mostly browns and golds.

 I want to paint the room where the kitchen table is.
 I would stop at the right side of the back door and not wrap around into the actual kitchen.
 It would just be three walls basically.
 Then, on the opposite side of the house I'd like to paint inside this little alcove that leads into our bedroom to kind of set it apart a little bit more.  The wall that the 3 little plaques hang vertically on. 
Then, if it wouldn't be too much, I might even paint the wall that is under the stairs.  I'm not sure about this wall.  I'm fairly sure about the other walls,but this one I'm still wondering about.  It might be too much to paint this and might not look good.  But it's a thought, I'm thinking about it!

1 comment:

Cammie :) said...

Do it! I'll look at the swatches and find a nice coordinating color :)