Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Gift

We LOVE hand-me-downs in this house! Who doesn't, right?  I get so much joy in giving my kids clothes away to others little kids that I had almost forgotten how great it feels to be on the receiving end!  And I do say almost because I LOVE to get stuff too! We definitely had our own little Toy Story 3 moment this morning.  We got what appears to be every single Rescue Ranger toy they make from the Beard Family!  It rocks!!  Declan has gotten too old to play Rescue Rangers and so they wanted these toys to go to a fun set of brothers!  Tanner and Carter are thrilled!!  It was like Christmas today!

 Can you believe this is only half of the stuff? I hid 2 of the other boxes!

 It's cold, wet and rainy outside and surprisingly enough, they haven't asked to go to the pool yet!




Matthew 7: 7-12 says 7Ask, and you will receive. Search, and you will find. Knock, and the door will be opened for you. 8Everyone who asks will receive. Everyone who searches will find. And the door will be opened for everyone who knocks. 9Would any of you give your hungry child a stone, if the child asked for some bread? 10Would you give your child a snake if the child asked for a fish? 11As bad as you are, you still know how to give good gifts to your children. But your heavenly Father is even more ready to give good things to people who ask.
12Treat others as you want them to treat you. This is what the Law and the Prophets [a] are all about. " 

This is one of my favorite Bible verses.  It always reminds me to just ask when I need something.  It's pretty simple and usually saves me many nights of worry! 


The crazy thing is, I didn't even ask for this gift.  At least not directly.  I suppose I pray that Tyler and I can take care of our children in the best way possible, give them a great life, show them lots of love and warmth.  I pray for lots of things actually!  So, this is probably a prayer answered!  Tyler will be happy too-I didn't have to spend any money to get it, an answer to his prayers!  I pray now that Kristin will receive the things she is asking for.  She is such a blessing to me as a friend!



1 comment:

Sylviah222 said...

Beautiful! I remember how much you and Cammie LOVED the bags of frilly dresses handed down to you from your older, more worldly cousins! Always such a treat! I love you!