Thursday, October 29, 2009

When Life Gives you Lemons.....

The rest of the saying goes "Make Lemonade". However, it's kind of chilly outside and lemonade just doesn't sound all that great right now. So then what do you do? Well, for the last 8 months or so our family has been fighting a few battles. Very private battles, but battles nonetheless, and battles that affected us deeply. It's been tough and a little bit scary and we basically just squeezed our lemons and made lemonade. The lemonade we made really didn't taste all that great either because we were anxious and nervous for what the future might hold for us. But that was the "right" thing to do, wasn't it? In other words, we just dealt with it the best we could. We put on our happy faces everyday and faced the world. Well, maybe not everyday because I know I was cranky more than my fair share of times! It was just really tough to handle sometimes. However, today I got a very wonderful phone call from a very wonderful person. God is good and our battles have been won! Yay! When I look back, I realize that 8 months is not a very long time to fight a battle, however, during those 8 months it felt like an eternity. Now that we are out of the crossfires, I feel such a sense of relief and joy and thankfulness. I look back and hope I didn't waste too many days worrying because it all turned out better than I expected! I hope that you can just try to remember that everyone is fighting battles, constantly. The battles never end, they just change and become different battles. Our last battle has been won and now we will await the next battle. Be nicer than necessary to everyone because you never know what might be going on with anyone at any given time. Be patient with people, forgive them, accept them, help them, and never make assumptions until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Give your worries and fears to God. That's just my 2 cents, go out and tackle the day!


1 comment:

Swan Family said...

I am sorry Ash you and the fam had to go through some bumps. You know the Lord will never give you more than you can handle! I am glad you are doing well now! YOu know I am a phone call away...and a small drive away! hehe I wish we lived closer!!!!! You know the other night Benjamin said "If we could move right now I hope you wouldn't mind if we moved to Boise...I really love it there!" OMG Between us I think he wants to be able to hunt EVERYDAY! haha