Sunday, July 19, 2009

Too Yummy!!!

These were just too delicious not to share!
We have about 3 new zucchini's to pick everyday so I am constantly looking for recipes that call for zucchini or at least recipes that I can add a zucchini too! This was so very good! It rivals Barbacoa's zucchini chips and it's healthy! It doesn't get much better than a healthy home cooked Barbacoa knock off!
Oven Baked Zucchini Chips
Compliments of Cooking Light
1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons fat-free milk
2 1/2 cups (1/4-inch-thick) slices zucchini (about 2)
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 425°.
Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Place milk in a shallow bowl. Dip zucchini slices in milk, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place coated slices on an ovenproof wire rack coated with cooking spray; place rack on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes or until browned and crisp. Serve immediately.
Garden fresh zucchini sliced up


Ready for the oven!

I do have to say that I did not follow the instructions. I was a little distracted with the boys and accidentally added the milk to everything else. So, I just placed the zucchini on the cookie sheet and spooned the mixture on top. They had been in the oven for about 15 minutes when I realized that I also should have put them on a wire rack that was then placed on the cookie sheet. Oops again-where the heck is my head? They turned great and it was maybe even easier, and I used 2 less pans! Gotta love that! However, in hindsight, I think I would just go ahead and follow the directions next time!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I made them again the right way and it was WAY BETTER!!!

Molly said...

I am making them now :)

Molly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.