Friday, November 12, 2010

A New Breath

This is a reblog from a friend, who simply put, hits the nail on the head. Thank you April!


"She's turning her life into something sacred:
Each breath a new breath.
Each moment, a new chance.
She bows her head, gathers her dreams from a pure,
deep stream and
stretches her arms
towards the sky."
-Monique Duval

Setting out to begin a blog came with the greatest of intentions to "be true" in what I spoke about, the person I am. I've managed to keep the intention yet have always felt a sense of hesitancy to share it 100% for fear that it might be perceived as "dull" or slightly "self-absorbed". This hesitancy got the best of me these past few weeks. Sitting down to write a post left me without words. Yes, I love to share quotes but I also love to share my thoughts and observations of my life and my passions.

You know I love books. But, you don't know to what degree or about the path of self-education I am currently traveling on.

April 2010. I made a promise to myself relating to my physical well being that I have not spoken of. It's a promise that has changed my life in ways I never imagined.

These are just a few of my personal aspirations that have been kept snuggled inside my heart wanting so badly to be set free and shared.

"Be faithful to that which exists nowhere but in yourself." -Andre Gide

Yesterday I sent a quote out into the world. A very special quote that needed to be sent out. A reminder to myself. An urging to let the world know me as I am. A setting free of those aspirations and passions I've guarded closely to my heart. Letting go of the fear of being judged or thought of in a certain way. Once I recognized (or remembered) my initial intent for creating this little blog as a way to record my journey and that it only mattered how I perceived it, was I able to let the concern of being judged go.

Just thinking about a few blog posts I've wanted to share and now will makes me giddy with joy. Gone is the hesitancy. You can take me or leave me in all my funny little imperfections and quirkiness.

"Your own words are the bricks and mortar of the dreams
you want to realize.
Behind every word flows energy."
-Sonia Choquette

So, my friends, I am so very excited to share my dreams with you, my passions, my journey. All the things that bring such harmony and grace and energy to my life.

Me.

2 comments:

Swan Family said...

Well said! I just wasn't feeling it today and reading this post just put the biggest smile on my face! God knows exactly what we need at the exact time! Thank you sweet pea!

Shannan said...

love it. i love that you share everything and are brave enough to. every single feeling and emotion you talk about, i am sure are exactly what others feel and endure. motherhood is tough...being honest about it..even tougher! i love reading your blog and wish i was as good as you on keeping mine up.