Friday, September 16, 2011

I wonder if I can make that?

When I got home this afternoon, there were a few things I needed to get done before we head out tonight.  One of those being, I needed to make a dip that needed to sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, but the longer the better.  Like I probably should have made this dip yesterday but I was busy doing other things! So I went around the kitchen collecting all the ingredients I needed to make my little dip and I realized that I do not have any mayonnaise.  I had also just gotten back from the grocery store too.  Hadley was down for her nap so leaving again wasn't an option. I could have called my neighbors or my mom but I thought I bet I could make mayonnaise! I googled it and got myself a recipe and it worked like a champ!  Home made mayo in about 30 seconds.  I don't know if I will ever buy mayonnaise again! 



I didn't think to take pictures during the process.  I took 4 eggs, 2 teaspoons of Dijon Mustard, a pinch of salt and 1 cup of oil.  I used only the egg yokes, not the whites.  I put the egg yokes in the food processor along with 2 teaspoons of Dijon and a pinch of salt.  I mixed them together for a bit and then slowly added the cup of oil while the processor was mixing to make sure the eggs and oil emulsified.  Then I added to juice of a half a lemon just to give it a little something special! Yay!!


Here's the recipe for the dip I needed to mayo for too;

Crazy Frito Dip

1 cup Mayo
1 cup Sour Cream
2 cans Mexi-corn
1 green onion chopped
pepper


Mix together and chill for at least 2 hours, but the longer the better. 
Serve with Frito's. 
 I promise this one will not disappoint!

No comments: