Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Stay Tuned!

Later this week I will be making Vanilla Peach Infused Vodka!

Along with canning my tomatoes and peaches, I thought this would be a fun variation! I also have a recipe to make Bacon Vodka that I might try as well! Stay tuned for fun pictures and an exciting little experiment!

Infused Vodka
Makes 1 bottle
1 bottle vodka
Spice, fruit, or herb of your choice

Get a large mouthed glass container to make an infusion. Place your chosen spice, fruit, or herb in the container then add the alcohol. Close the lid and place somewhere away from direct sunlight and letting it sit from four days to two weeks. Strain, then bottle when finished.

2 weeks: Whole chili peppers, pineapple, fresh ginger, and lemongrass.
1 week: Cantaloupes, strawberries, peaches, mangoes, pitted cherries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries.
4 days: Vanilla beans, lemons, oranges, grapefruit, limes, mint, garlic, tarragon, basil, oregano, dill, and thyme.



No comments: