Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Good Friday

I think the hardest part of any task is figuring out HOW you are going to do. Once you have figured that out, then it is a matter of getting everything together and just doing it. At least that is my take on things! So, for the last few months potty training has been in my mind and I have been thinking about how I am going to tackle this with Tanner. I was going to be in complete control of the situation, it was all going to be on my time, my ideas, and my way. I should have known better! Nothing in my life is my idea, or part of my control. It is all in God's time and under His control. In this case, He decided that today, Tanner would not want to wear his diaper, and would in fact fight me on it. Happy Good Friday!

This of course was not in my master plan that I have been sort of trying to get together. What do I do now? So, I pray to God that my child, who now does not want any part of a diaper as well as his clothes and is running around our house naked will happen to be able to feel his "potty" coming on and decide to sit on the potty!

This is sort of how it has gone this morning along with a back story on his wording;

Last weekend, Cammie bought Tanner a book about a piggy and a ducky that were potty training. "No More Diapers For Ducky!" This morning, Tanner refused to let me put his diaper on and told me it was cold and wet and he was a big boy and did not want to wear it. I have dreamed about this day, don't get me wrong. But now that I am actually faced with it, I find myself a little scared and feel like I am wondering aimlessly through a potty training abyss! It can't be this easy? I know they just don't decide one day to use the potty-especially my strong minded stubborn child. What am I supposed to do now? I have sat him on the potty numerous times without any success and now with no diaper on, I am preparing the couches for an accident with extra plastic mattress covers and blankets.

We have only had one accident since early this morning, however he has not actually gone potty on the potty yet which is sitting in the middle of our dining room just waiting for him!

So....all you potty training experts out there-please offer me some advise!

5 comments:

Swan Family said...

Potty training...always a tough one. Ande potty trained in two days and never looked back. I don't know if it's because she's a girl and they say they're easier but she was. I also didn't use pull-ups...I put her in underwear. I personally think that helped. Then she got 2 M&M's because of her age when she went and it worked.

Unknown said...

Thanks Kate! Thats great advise about the pull-ups! He's got his big boy undies on right now so we'll see what happens!

Cammie :) said...

Its Tanner! He'll do awesome! Just for the record, Ducky never went potty in the dining room haha :) Get ready to go to Toys R Us for that train :)

Swan Family said...

Okay I found this site...http://www.3daypottytraining.com/?potty-training-tcbotb

Thought of you when I saw it. Let me know what you think...I will probably need to get advice from you when Gideon starts potty training.

Unknown said...

So...how is it going?