Sunday, April 5, 2009

Monday Night Dinner

Don't you just love the crock pot? I do! It makes dinner so easy! I think I heard something about a big basketball game tomorrow night and so I thought doing a new twist on an old roast recipe would be easy and delicious.
This is called Bavarian Roast. The sauce that the roast cooks in consists of 3 tblsp Dijon mustard, 1 tblsp creamy horseradish, and 1 envelope of brown gravy mix. Here it is all mixed together. This is a 3lb rump roast. Take the sauce and spread it all over the roast and put it in the crock pot.
Here is the roast in the crock pot. Now, pour 1/2 cup of apple juice around the edges of the roast, not on top. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

When the roast is done, remove it from the crock pot. Pour the remaining juices in the bottom of the crock pot, add 1/2 cup of water, and 3 tblsp flour to make a gravy.

I am going to serve this with mashed potatoes!





1 comment:

Shannan said...

hey martha!!! I am coming here for more recipes...wish i could just come over when i see you are making something good. Love new ideas...so i will pick one tomorrow and let you know how it turns out....