Tuesday, April 7, 2009

73 degrees!

I am not cooking today-at all! We are going to be enjoying the weather today! I think we will call Smokey Mountain and have them deliver us dinner tonight. I am not going to miss out on this 73 degree day, especially when the forecast looks rainy for the next 5 days! I am sure the boys will give me a few photo ops during the day which I will post later one!

Do you remember the yummy meal Jill made for our lunch yesterday? Well, here is the recipe! Easy, quick, and delicious! Thanks Jill!

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 chopped onion
1 can (15 to 16 ounces) cream-style corn
4 large eggs
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/3 cup flour
salt and pepper, to taste
2 cups diced cooked turkey (It comes in a can you know!)
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Preparation: Heat vegetable oil in skillet over medium-low heat. Sauté chopped onion just until softened. Remove from heat. Whisk together the creamed corn, eggs, evaporated milk, flour, salt and pepper. Stir in onion and chopped cooked turkey. Pour mixture into a lightly greased slow cooker (3 1/2 or 4-quart size).

Cover and cook on high for about 2 1/2 hours or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Sprinkle top of casserole with cheese; cover and cook until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes longer. Serve immediately. Serves 4.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Yay! I NEED sun on my white legs. You'll see what I'm talking about when I get there!

Shannan said...

alright now i just added more food to my grocery list. I am just going to check here daily for things to cook...love it!

Swan Family said...

We finally had a night that wasn't over 65 degrees!! haha I wish it was cold!